Being Catholic is a way of life. It is inherent in everything we do – in our actions, our words, and in our relationships with others.
We are called to love God and our neighbours as we do ourselves in our everyday lives.
We love God by:
- keeping holy the Lord’s Day (Sunday) and other holy days by attending Mass, and making time to ponder and enjoy God’s beautiful creation
- praying daily
- regularly engaging in family prayer (e.g. the Rosary)
- praying grace before and after meals
- including prayer with family celebrations
- regularly reading and reflecting on the Word of God
- participating in parish and diocesan events.
We love our neighbours by:
- loving others – our spouse, family, friends and colleagues − in the spirit of Christ
- supporting local parish events and organisations e.g. St Vincent de Paul and Legion of Mary
- supporting Catholic institutions e.g. schools, hospitals and rest homes
- supporting agencies working for peace, justice, aid or development e.g. Caritas, Pro-Life, Soup Kitchens, Hibernians
- sharing our Christian faith with others in our relationships, conversations and actions.